Sunday, December 18, 2011

Peer Comment to Isaac Lynn post on the Synthesizer


Hi Isaac,

Once again I have enjoyed reading your extremely informative post on the roots of the synthesizer. Seems to me that you’re quite a synth nut like me and I like how you have condensed this information into a well-formatted post. While reading your article it made me realize how far we have come in terms of synth technologies over the years. From entire rooms filled with modular devices for synth architecture to a piece of code emulating analog devices of the time running in our little laptops. It is also amazing to see how much digital synthesis technologies have developed and continue to do so. I didn’t know that it was the Mixtur-Trautonium that was used to develop the sound effects for the Alfred Hitchcock’s movie “The Birds”.


My only comment for the article is the lack of mentioning of Harald Bode whose synths designs were the bases for Bob Moog and Donald Buchla.

Original article available here

No comments:

Post a Comment