Monday, December 12, 2011

Peer Comment to Isaac Lynn post on Wendy Walter

Hi Isaac,

I have enjoyed reading your article on Wendy (Walter) Carlos and the impact she has had on shaping electronic music today. Your article is concise and formatted well, while accurately presenting her work and influences. Prior to this article I didn’t know regarding all her contributions to the music industry and I am really glad to have read this article from you as it got me researching extensively regarding them. I love Moog synthesizers and all the contribution of Bob Moog and his company to the music industry. If it weren’t for him and other synthesizer innovators of the time we would not be where we are today in analog and digital sound synthesis. I agree with you completely that it is because of open-minded musicians and early adopters such as Wendy, Maurice Jarre (French composer), Paul Beaver and Kraftwerk the popularity of electronic music would not have reached where it is today. I especially like her work in the movie “A Clockwork Orange” as it really suits well for the story line. For your reference I have posted a link to a post in the Moog forum with a list of early film composers that adopted Moog products below if your interested.


I would also like to add that it was the published papers by German Engineer Harald Bode that all the synthesizer designs designed by Bob Moog and Donald Buchla were based on.





Original article by Isaac Lynn available here.

No comments:

Post a Comment